is a mum of two and was struggling to lose weight after childbirth, and noticed a distinct lack of healthy Thermomix recipes in the cooking community. She started Skinnymixers blog with a focus on healthy recipes and lifestyle discussions and has done an amazing job growing a massive online community. Since she founded Skinnymixers she has lost over 38kgs and shared her journey with her followers.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO NIKALENE RIDDLE ABOUT:
- recently winning the Influencer Award in this years AusMumpreneur awards
- her family and what her previous career was
- why Thermomix is awesome for mums
- growing her Facebook (FB) group into Skinnymixers blog
- sharing her weightloss with her community
- the power of sharing her personal story like this one and it’s impact on Nikalene
- her challenges around recipe development and her variations in food
- the most sort after recipes in her community and why
- her biggest challenges around publishing a cookbook
- her tips to produce great food images for your blog
- tips around styling your food to take breathtaking images
- her consistency of support to her community
- her strategy behind directing her blog traffic to FB private group
- how her FB group is managed
- how to keep your community engaged on a daily bases
- starting your own FB group and how to ensure people will join
- her superpowers and one habit she wishes she had
- taking time for herself
- future plans in her personal and professional life
- her TOP TIP for you to start your own successful blog
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
WHERE TO FIND AMY:
Nikalene Riddle on FACEBOOK
Nikalene Riddle on Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know what I did well, what else I could include or improve on in future episodes. You can email me at email@example.com or simply post your thoughts in the comment section below or tweet me @Petra_Jones.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to have The Mumpreneur Show automatically downloaded when a new episode goes live.
If you love what this show is about and you enjoyed listening to my conversations, please leave an honest review on iTunes for The Mumpreneur Show. It would mean the world to me. Reviews are really important, and I will read each and every one of them.
If you have specific questions that I can answer in one of my podcast shows, email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will either personally respond to you or create a podcast show solely dedicated to answering your questions.
All dreams have a chance to arrive if you invite them! – thanks for listening – Petra x