When Michelle Vogrinec is not caring for her three gorgeous boys, Joshua, Jacob and Max, she is Managing Director of GAIA Skin Naturals Australia with her husband and business partner Simon as GM.
Her company’s signature brand, GAIA Natural Baby has become the most widely distributed natural and organic baby skincare range in the Australian market, and is stocked in leading supermarkets, pharmacies, baby stores and health food shops nationally and across the globe.
Established in 2002, GAIA Natural Baby was born out of necessity after Michelle’s first child Joshua developed eczema when he was just 8 weeks old. After consulting doctors for a safe and effective solution and unsuccessfully trying numerous products on the market, Michelle concocted her own lotions made from natural and organic ingredients.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO MICHELLE ABOUT:
- her family including 3 boys and what it’s like to live in organised chaos
- her journey into motherhood and what inspired her to start GAIA skin naturals
- finding out about skin problems and asking questions prompting creation of their baby skin range
- the importance of looking after your skin and how to take care of it
- learning about baby skin, skin physiology, how it functions
- initial development of the baby range and what it involved
- meaning of word “GAIA”
- marketing the brand in the early days vs now
- initial investments into marketing and the message it should convey
- securing those big wholesale accounts in Australia and internationally
- getting to know the buyers and how to talk to them
- turning down opportunities
- keeping up with the supply and demand
- dealing with the ever changing competition in the skin care industry and how to stay positive
- the team and her philosophy on hiring
- working with her husband and rules around work and personal time
- learning to handle stress and the things she likes to do to recharge
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Book – From Naked Ape to Super Species: A Personal Perspective on Humanity and the Global Ecocrisis – by David Suzuki
- Book – Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children – by Sarah Napthali
WHERE TO FIND MICHELLE VOGRINEC:
Michelle Vogrinec on FACEBOOK
Michelle Vogrinec on LinkedIn
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE AUDIO BOOK
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know what I did well, what else I could include or improve on in future episodes. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply post your thoughts in the comment section below or tweet me @Petra_Jones.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to have The Mumpreneur Show automatically downloaded when a new episode goes live.
If you love what this show is about and you enjoyed listening to my conversations, please leave an honest review on iTunes for The Mumpreneur Show. It would mean the world to me. Reviews are really important, and I will read each and every one of them.
If you have specific questions that I can answer in one of my podcast shows, email your question to email@example.com. I will either personally respond to you or create a podcast show solely dedicated to answering your questions.
All dreams have a chance to arrive if you invite them! – thanks for listening – Petra x