Katie Marshall purchased her first property at the age of 19 and has been investing in property ever since. She has also worked extensively in the property & building industry for close to 10 years as an Interior Designer and Construction Manager. Katie has worked on some of Brisbane’s iconic buildings, drafting construction plans, designing fit-outs and co-ordinating construction crews. Her services were also engaged to draft new estate covenants for prominent Gold Coast residential estates and oversee NRAS compliance.
In 2009 Katie founded a network for women called Chicks and Mortar . It is a network to help woman to connect, share and learn about property investing. Katie is also a published author, Chicks and Mortar – A woman’s guide to investing in property. In her spare time Katie enjoys building her own investment property portfolio, reading, networking and interior design.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO KATIE ABOUT:
- benefits of learning in women only environment
- common things to do before starting with property investing
- Katie’s take on Real Estate agents
- the biggest challenges Katie had in the first year of running her business as well as her successes.
- balancing the motherhood and what kind of support she has in her family and partner.
- the benefits of working from home and how she deals with isolation.
- the power of goal setting and planning.
- how to balance the content vs creation ratio.
- the ways to feel the fear and grow from it
- Katie shares her tips on stress management and importance in investing in yourself
- why you should get up an hour early and practice what’s called Miracle Morning
- how to journal
- Bonus 5 quick questions + Katie shares her one wish
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Goal Setting Workbook
- Chicks and Mortar
- Marie Folio
- Miracle Morning
- Book – Girls Don’t get the Corner Office
- Book – Who stole my MOJO
[ctt title=”Go out there and educate yourself as much as you can – Katie Marshall Chicks and Mortar” tweet=”Go out there and educate yourself as much as you can – Katie Marshall Chicks and Mortar” coverup=”5Ij07″]
WHERE TO FIND KATIE MARSHALL:
Katie Marshall on Facebook
Katie Marshall on Linkedin
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know what I did well, what else I could include or improve on in future episodes. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply post your thoughts in the comment section below or tweet me @Petra_Jones.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to have The Mumpreneur Show automatically downloaded when a new episode goes live.
If you love what this show is about and you enjoyed listening to my conversations, please leave an honest review on iTunes for The Mumpreneur Show. It would mean the world to me. Reviews are really important, and I will read each and every one of them.
If you have specific questions that I can answer in one of my podcast shows, email your question to email@example.com. I will either personally respond to you or create a podcast show solely dedicated to answering your questions.
All dreams have a chance to arrive if you invite them! – thanks for listening – Petra x