Johanna Baker-Dowdell from Strawberry Communications has more than 18 years experience as a journalist and public relations consultant working as a freelancer and in-house.
This experience includes writing for newspapers, magazines and websites in Australia and the United Kingdom on a number of topics including business, parenting, news and IT. Johanna has vast business knowledge – which she draws on to advise clients on the best methods to gain publicity and tell their story effectively.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO JOHANNA ABOUT:
- her family
- the journey into starting her business and motherhood
- the story behind naming her business Strawberry Communications
- the definition of Public Relations (PR)
- importance of a PR plan and why we should pay attention to public relations
- typical components of a PR plan
- available channels to promote your business
- what really ensures you have an attention grabbing media release
- media release distribution websites
- her services offered through Strawberry Communications
- PR strategies for someone who is just starting up
- her two books, the inspiration behind each book and what they are about
- balancing her business and personal life
- her favourite online resources
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- PR NEWS WIRE
- I-NEWS WIRE
- Book – Business & Baby on Board
- Book – The 21st Century Guide to Promoting Your Small Business
WHERE TO FIND JOHANNA BAKER-DOWDELL:
JOHANNA BAKER-DOWDELL on FACEBOOK
JOHANNA BAKER-DOWDELL on LinkedIn
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE AUDIO BOOK
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know what I did well, what else I could include or improve on in future episodes. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply post your thoughts in the comment section below or tweet me @Petra_Jones.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to have The Mumpreneur Show automatically downloaded when a new episode goes live.
If you love what this show is about and you enjoyed listening to my conversations, please leave an honest review on iTunes for The Mumpreneur Show. It would mean the world to me. Reviews are really important, and I will read each and every one of them.
If you have specific questions that I can answer in one of my podcast shows, email your question to email@example.com. I will either personally respond to you or create a podcast show solely dedicated to answering your questions.
All dreams have a chance to arrive if you invite them! – thanks for listening – Petra x