Jen Oliver is the founder of FitMama, a personal and group training and coaching movement empowering Mums (and openminded Dads) to be the change they want to see in the world, starting with taking control of their own health in both the mind and body. Jen is a certified Bellies Inc. trainer and specializes in the pre- and post-natal journey of building a solid foundation in the body by pre-habbing and re-habbing the core.
Jen has completed a Master’s degree in Exercise and Healthy Psychology at McMaster University and co-founded LivferU Personal Management Consulting in 2008. She continues to train and coach individuals to achieve their goals and has been a sought-after speaker throughout Canada.
Jen believes nutrition is the cornerstone of optimal health and without the proper nutrients to create healthy brain chemistry, it is impossible to be your best for yourself or those around you. Healthy relationships begin with healthy minds and bodies, and as a holistic nutritionist, Jen takes a mind-body approach to ensure that nutrition and mindfulness form the basis of her coaching practice. Jen is the mother of two young daughters and lives with her husband Chris in Ontario, Canada.
IN THIS EPISODE I TALKED TO JEN ABOUT:
- the family and her upcoming plans to travel with them
- her journey into motherhood and what inspired her to start her own business
- how she used the knowledge and customer problems to develop her business, FitMamma
- key areas she focused on in her business
- understanding the “core” and education around it
- one specific exercise to retrain our core muscles
- core strengthening before and during pregnancy and why it is important
- the mummy tummy, common reasons, diastasis recti and suggested solutions
- what eating well means to her and some nutrition basics to include in your diet
- her product offerings and how she does personal training over Skype
- 5 things she encourages everyone to do each day
- her typical days juggling kids and her clients
- her support system
- handling stressful days and tough times
- meditation and tips on how to meditate with your kids
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- FitMama Programs
- Dr Wayne W.Dyer
- Japa Meditation
- Book – Change your thoughts, Change your life by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer (Audio version)
- Book – Excuses Begone by Dr. Wayne W Dyer (Audio Version)
WHERE TO FIND STACEY PRICE:
Jen Oliver on FACEBOOK
Jen Oliver on LinkedIn
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE AUDIO BOOK
If you enjoyed this episode, please let me know what I did well, what else I could include or improve on in future episodes. You can email me at email@example.com or simply post your thoughts in the comment section below or tweet me @Petra_Jones.
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to have The Mumpreneur Show automatically downloaded when a new episode goes live.
If you love what this show is about and you enjoyed listening to my conversations, please leave an honest review on iTunes for The Mumpreneur Show. It would mean the world to me. Reviews are really important, and I will read each and every one of them.
If you have specific questions that I can answer in one of my podcast shows, email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will either personally respond to you or create a podcast show solely dedicated to answering your questions.
All dreams have a chance to arrive if you invite them! – thanks for listening – Petra x